Young Israel Gala Dinner to Honor Israel Supporters, WWII Veterans, and Active Young Israel MembersMarch 11, 2019
House Republican Leader Among Guest Speakers
The National Council of Young Israel (NCYI) will honor a number of prominent supporters of the State of Israel, World War II veterans from Young Israel synagogues, and active Young Israel members who have made significant contributions to their respective communities at their upcoming gala. The NCYI Gala will be held on Sunday, March 31, 2019, at the Marriott Marquis in New York City. The event will begin at 5:00 PM with a buffet dinner and VIP reception, followed by the program at 6:30 PM.
The keynote speaker is Hon. Kevin McCarthy, the House Republican Leader. Rep. McCarthy, who was first elected to Congress in 2006 and represents California’s 23rd District, has been at the forefront of the effort to combat anti-Semitism, and has been an outspoken critic of Rep. Ilhan Omar for her anti-Semitic remarks. Governor Mike Huckabee, a strong supporter of Israel, will also address the crowd. Pete Hegseth, a prominent journalist and friend of the NCYI, will serve as the Master of Ceremonies. NYS Assemblyman David Weprin, a member of the Young Israel of Jamaica Estates, will also be in attendance.
Among the Guests of Honor is Tommy Hicks, Jr., who will be the recipient of the Guardian of Israel Award. Hicks, who is a partner in the investment firm Hicks Holdings, LLC, is co-chair of the Republican National Committee
For information and reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.youngisrael.org/ncyi-dinner.
For the past 107 years, the National Council of Young Israel has ably served the broader Jewish community. With more than 25,000 member families and approximately 135 branch synagogues throughout the United States, Canada, and Israel, the National Council of Young Israel is a multi-faceted organization that embraces Jewish communal needs and often takes a leading role in tackling the important issues that face the Jewish community in North America and Israel. The NCYI provides religious, educational, Zionistic, social, and communal programming for all its member synagogues and their affiliated families.
The following individuals will be recognized by the National Council of Young Israel at its Gala Dinner:
Master of Ceremonies:
Host, Fox and Friends
Hon. Kevin McCarthy
House Republican Leader
Gov. Mike Huckabee
Former Governor of Arkansas
Guardian of Israel Award:
Tommy Hicks, Jr.
Co-chair, Republican National Committee
Moses H. Hoenig Award:
Rabbi Zvi and Aviva Gluck
Co-Founder of Amudim
Bonei Yerushalayim Award:
Lori Moskowitz Hirsch
David and Michelle Katz
Young Israel of Memphis
Young Visionary Award:
President, Young Jewish Conservatives of NY
Dor L’Dor Rabbinic Leadership Award:
Rabbi Yoel and Peri Schonfeld
Young Israel of Kew Gardens Hills
Rabbi Nachi and Michelle Klein
Young Israel of Northridge
Chovevei Zion Award:
Dr. Alan and Deborah Berger
Dr. Marc and Judy Berger
Co-Founder, Global Energy Producers
Lev and Svetlana Parnas
CEO and Co-Founder, Global Energy Producers
Friend of Zion Award:
Charles Gucciardo, Esq.
Founder, Gucciardo Law Firm
Dan K. Eberhart
CEO of Canary LLC
Honoring NCYI WWII Veterans:
The Dinner Chairman is Rabbi Yechezkel Moskowitz and the Dinner Co-Chairman is NCYI 1st Vice President Dr. Joseph Frager. The Journal Chairman is Jonathan Burkan and the Journal and Dinner Coordinators are Judah and Carol Rhine of the Young Israel of West Hempstead.
- Young Israel Calls on Twitter and Facebook to Stop Engaging in a Double Standard When It Comes to Anti-Semitic Posts
- Young Israel Hosts Program on Reopening Synagogues Safely During the Pandemic - Tremendous job by Rabbi Hammer!
- Young Israel Thanks Nick Cannon for Apologizing After Spreading Anti-Semitic Conspiracy Theories Online
- Young Israel Calls on FOX to Follow Viacom-CBS’s Lead and Fire Nick Cannon After He Spread Anti-Semitic Conspiracy Theories Online
- Young Israel Calls on Social Media Platforms to Take Tougher Stance Against Anti-Semitism and Crack Down on Hate Speech
- Young Israel Condemns Anti-Semitism at Black Lives Matter March
- Young Israel Statement on Extending Israel’s Sovereignty to Judea and Samaria
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Korach
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Shelach
- Young Israel Statement on the Death of George Floyd and Racism in America