National Council of Young Israel Statement Regarding Building Collapse in FloridaJune 25, 2021
The National Council of Young Israel today made the following statement concerning the building collapse in Surfside, Florida, in which the death toll stands at 4 and there are 159 people still unaccounted for as of this morning:
We are devastated by the horrific building collapse in Surfside, Florida and heartbroken that people have lost their lives in this terrible tragedy. We hope and pray that the dedicated first responders at the scene are able to locate additional survivors and we extend our heartfelt condolences to those families who have sadly lost loved ones.
The Jewish community has endured far too many calamities over the past year, and we encourage everyone to engage in prayer and perform acts of benevolence with the hope that we will be spared from any further hardship.
We urge people to give what they can to those individuals and families whose lives have been impacted by this horrible catastrophe. They need our love and support, and it behooves all of us to be there for them in their time of need. Contributions can be made online at:
Our thoughts are with everyone who was affected by the disaster at Champlain Towers South Condominium, and we pray that they will have the strength and faith to persevere during this incredibly difficult time.
For the past 109 years, the National Council of Young Israel has ably served the broader Jewish community. With more than 25,000 member families and approximately 135 branch synagogues throughout the United States, Canada, and Israel, the National Council of Young Israel is a multi-faceted organization that embraces Jewish communal needs and often takes a leading role in tackling the important issues that face the Jewish community in North America and Israel.
- IYIM: A Year in Review
- 109. October 13, 2021
- Dr. Rachel Levmore, Director of the “Agunah and Get-Refusal Prevention Project” Run by the Young Israel – Israel Region (Yisrael Hatzair), Invited to Publish with Internationally Acclaimed Oxford University Press
- Tishrei Torah Journal 5782
- 108. August 25, 2021
- National Council of Young Israel Condemns Antisemitic Defacement at Young Israel Synagogue in Israel
- Young Israel Synagogue Spearheads Relief Effort Following Florida Building Collapse
- Tragedy In Surfside
- National Council of Young Israel Congratulates New Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett
- Young Israel Synagogue Raises Over $220,00 for Israel