Young Israel Blasts Palestinian Authority’s Anti-Semitic Attack on Trump Administration OfficialsMarch 3, 2019
The National Council of Young Israel (NCYI) today denounced an anti-Semitic statement made by a regular columnist for Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, the Palestinian Authority’s (PA) official daily newspaper, which referred to Jason Greenblatt, President Trump’s Special Representative for International Negotiations and Middle East Envoy, as a “mongoloid” and implied that his physical appearance and personal conduct is similar to that of someone who has Down Syndrome.
The March 3, 2019, column by Omar Hilmi Al-Ghoul, stated that, “Anyone who follows the prattle of Jason Greenblatt, President Trump’s envoy in the matter of the deal of the century, sees that his condition is very similar to Down Syndrome… Anyone who looks at the American envoy [Greenblatt] discovers that he has external and inner characteristics similar to those suffering from Down Syndrome: He is short, his eyes are similar to Mongoloid eyes, he prattles unrestrainedly, and is politically retarded.”
In addition, the column attacked other members of the Trump administration as well, including President Trump, Senior Advisor Jared Kushner, and United States Ambassador to Israel David Friedman. “The ill Greenblatt is not the only one who has Down Syndrome, for it strikes all the components of the American administration. Anyone who examines the general genes of the components of the Trump administration sees that it is a politically crippled creature.”
“This deplorable onslaught against Jason Greenblatt, President Trump’s Special Representative for International Negotiations, and other members of the president’s administration is anti-Semitic, defamatory and a despicable denigration of United States diplomats,” said NCYI President Farley Weiss. “It is a reprehensible verbal assault directed at U.S. officials by the Palestinian Authority’s official mouthpiece, and this juvenile and tactless act, in which Jewish members of the administration were singled out for attack, warrants a public apology by PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas.”
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Va'era
- Nishma Research U.S. Orthodox Jewish Political Survey Please participate
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Shemos
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Vayechi
- Young Israel Thanks Booker and Menendez After They Call for Increased Security Funding to Protect Religious Communities
- Solidarity March: No Hate. No Fear.
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Vayigash
- Young Israel Statement on Anti-Semitic Attack in Monsey, NY
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Miketz / Chanukah
- Young Israel Praises Pompeo for Setting the Record Straight on Israeli ‘Settlements’