Young Israel Statement on the “Never Again Education Act”June 1, 2020
The National Council of Young Israel today made the following statement concerning the “Never Again Education Act” (H.R. 943), which was signed into law by President Trump on May 29, 2020. The bill expands the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum’s education programming, requires the Museum to develop and disseminate resources to improve awareness and understanding of the Holocaust, and authorizes various Holocaust education program activities to engage prospective and current teachers and educational leaders.
“The National Council of Young Israel commends President Trump and Congress for the enactment of the ‘Never Again Education Act.’ This bipartisan bill spotlights the critical need to continue taking steps on a national level to better educate people about the horrors of the Holocaust and to help people understand the grave danger associated with religious intolerance. At a time when anti-Semitism is rearing its ugly head in the United States and around the globe, it is essential that we work diligently to ensure that people understand the unspeakable atrocities that the Jews endured at the hands of the Nazis and do whatever we can to make certain that the bigotry and barbarism that led to the coldblooded murder of six-million Jews during World War II is not forgotten.”
For the past 108 years, the National Council of Young Israel has ably served the broader Jewish community. With more than 25,000 member families and approximately 135 branch synagogues throughout the United States, Canada, and Israel, the National Council of Young Israel is a multi-faceted organization that embraces Jewish communal needs and often takes a leading role in tackling the important issues that face the Jewish community in North America and Israel.
- Young Israel Condemns Anti-Semitism at Black Lives Matter March
- Young Israel Statement on Extending Israel’s Sovereignty to Judea and Samaria
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Korach
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Shelach
- Young Israel Statement on the Death of George Floyd and Racism in America
- Young Israel: Houses of Worship Are Essential and Should Not Be Discriminated Against
- Young Israel Slams Rep. Tlaib’s Anti-Semitic Tweet
- Tehillim at Kever Rochel - Lag Baomer - 5780
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Behar-Bechukotai
- Young Israel Demands Retraction for NY Times Article Defaming Israel