Young Israel Calls on King Abdullah to Distance Himself from Terrorism and Anti-Semitism After Jordanian MP Praises Terrorist for “Killing the Jews”March 19, 2019
The National Council of Young Israel (NCYI) today called on King Abdullah II of Jordan to distance himself from terrorism after a Jordanian Member of Parliament praised the terrorist who murdered two Israelis this past weekend.
During a session of Parliament, MP Khalil Atiyeh saluted 18-year-old Omar Abu Laila, who fatally stabbed 19-year-old Sgt. Gal Keidan and shot and killed Rabbi Achiad Ettinger, a father of 12. In addition, MP Atiyeh referred to Amir Weissbrod, Israel’s ambassador to Jordan, as “a descendant of monkeys and pigs” during a debate in which Jordanian lawmakers urged the expulsion of Ambassador Weissbrod in light of the tension that exists relative to the Temple Mount.
“It is disgraceful and distasteful that as Israel and the greater Jewish community mourn the tragic loss of Sgt. Gal Keidan and Rabbi Achiad Ettinger, a Jordanian lawmaker stood up and hailed the terrorist who murdered them in cold blood solely because they were Jewish,” said NCYI President Farley Weiss. “Glorifying terrorism is indefensible, and Mr. Atiyeh’s twisted tribute to a terrorist on the floor of the Jordanian Parliament is despicable. We call upon King Abdullah to publicly condemn Mr. Atiyeh’s heinous remarks about the recent terrorist attack and to promptly denounce the lawmaker’s anti-Semitic comments about the Israeli ambassador. King Abdullah must take immediate steps to distance himself from the anti-Semitism and terrorist propaganda being spewed in the Jordanian Parliament and honor the memories of the two individuals who were brutally murdered this weekend by censuring Mr. Atiyeh.”Young Israel Calls on King Abdullah to Distance Himself from Terrorism and Anti-Semitism After Jordanian Mp Praises Terrorist for “Killing the Jews”
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Va'era
- Nishma Research U.S. Orthodox Jewish Political Survey Please participate
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Shemos
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Vayechi
- Young Israel Thanks Booker and Menendez After They Call for Increased Security Funding to Protect Religious Communities
- Solidarity March: No Hate. No Fear.
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Vayigash
- Young Israel Statement on Anti-Semitic Attack in Monsey, NY
- Weekly Divrie Torah: Parshas Miketz / Chanukah
- Young Israel Praises Pompeo for Setting the Record Straight on Israeli ‘Settlements’